Pages

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Green Angpows 2015

Malay Muslims in Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia and Singapore have adapted the Chinese custom of handing out monetary gifts in envelopes as part of their Eid-al-Fitr (Malay: Hari Raya Aidilfitri) celebrations but instead of red packets, green envelopes are used – Wikipedia

I usually collect red angpows compare with green angpows so the amount of green angpows that I have are less than 10 packets. The green angpows which I have was usually come from freebies from purchases. This time, my sister had asked some green angpows from her colleagues for my collections so this year I have more green angpows added to my collections.

This green packet has pretty batik drawing on it.


It has ketupat on the green packet. Ketupat is a type of dumpling made from rice packed inside a diamond-shaped container of woven palm leaf pouch. It usually served by Malays at open house on festive occasions such as Hari Raya.


When saw of these packets, it has Jawi alphabet on them. It was my first time to receive green packets with Jawi on it because usually the packets that I collected are illustration types.



When I saw the green packets, I was so surprised because it is so simple. For my past experiences, the red angpows from Nissan were so attractive and beautiful so I also thought that green angpows also will has many cute illustrations on it. It proved me wrong that green packets have not much design on it.


This year I got the Nippon Paint red and green angpows. Each of them also has cute Blobbies on it. Blobbies are Nippon Paint’s mascot.


Avon green packets have pictures of Avon’s ambassadors. Sadly to say that I did not know the name and who are them. I think Avon should print the name and job title for the ambassadors on green packets.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for comment.

If you do not have any profiles on any of those listed,
please select profile & click "Name/URL",
type in name (leave URL empty)

It's not nice to call you Anonymous so please leave a name.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Klook.com